2020 HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDENovember 24, 2020
New Year, New Goals!December 30, 2020
This time of year my family tries to focus on the true meaning of Christmas. You may have read in previous posts how we do 3 gifts each year. We also focus on spending more quality time together and building relationships.
This is a advent list that’s meant to help build family relationships and start conversations. Print off the list, cut it up and put each one in any advent holder you have. Or make your own. Most of the tasks on the list don’t require any special tools, or accessories.
Each night you unfold one piece of paper consisting of one item on this list and do or discuss it as a family. Don’t forget Christmas day!
I hope you enjoy this list!
This is what’s on the list:
- Deliver secret Santa poem & goodies to some neighbors
- Have each person say what their favorite Christmas treat is
- Tell what your favorite Christmas movie is
- What was your favorite gift you’ve received in the past?
- What was your favorite gift to give someone else?
- If there were no limits, what gift would you give someone?
- Everyone has 2 minutes to find something that the Grinch would take
- What is 1 thing you really need?
- Share your favorite movie or tv quote
- Read your favorite scripture
- Which do you like best Colored, white, or yellow Christmas lights?
- What’s your favorite Christmas decoration?
- What is your favorite Christmas tradition?
- How much snow do you think we’ll get this year?
- What’s something you would like to learn how to do?
- What’s your favorite Christmas song?
- Dance to Christmas music!
- What is your favorite game to play as a family?
- Hot cocoa or apple cider?
- Share your favorite family vacation memory
- Make a massage circle!
- Tell each person in the family something you love about them.
- What is your favorite Pixar short?
- Read the story of Jesus’ birth
- Tell what your favorite gift this year is