At the ABC Kids expo I’m always able to see some amazing products, some are new companies, some are companies you know well and have prototypes of new products coming out. This Panasonic baby monitor is one of the awesome products I was able to see, and now review! It was just released in April, so we were one of the first ones to be able to try it out. Here’s our 2 cents-
So first of all, this works like a typical baby monitor- put one part in the baby’s room (or wherever else you want it) and the receiver where you want to be.
What makes this monitor unique-
- It’s wireless! The receiver can be plugged in or work off batteries and be carried with you from room to room (if you clean like I do)
- It detects sound and movement alerts- if baby or anything else makes a noise it will alert you. You can set the sound detection volumes too if your alerts pick up noises you don’t want to be alerted to all the time. It also detects movement, so if baby or anything else in the room moves it will let you know. This also has a sensitivity setting so you don’t get alerted every time your baby moves in their sleep, but if they are crawling around or standing up in the crib it will let you know.
- You can move the camera around from side to side and up or down to get the view you want.
- It alerts you with sound AND video. You can watch the video and listen to the sound in the room at any time, but the alerts will make a sound to draw your attention to the monitor when there is noise or movement so you don’t have to sit there and watch the video non-stop.
- 2 way audio- it has an option where you can talk through the camera in the baby’s room to soothe your baby (or let other children know you are watching them)
- Lullaby- it also has 10 different lullaby song options you can play. You can set a timer from 5-120 minutes, and you can even have it on auto-lullaby setting that will play if there’s a noise alert.
This monitor system does not require wifi. The camera does have to be plugged in wherever you have it set up in the room, but as I mentioned before, the receiver can be plugged in or go off battery power. (it’s rechargeable)
Some of the official product information I was given:
Introducing the new easy to use and secure Panasonic Long-Range Baby Monitor (KX-HNC3001). This product is the first video baby monitor to use DECT technology, providing an independent closed network for up to 1500 feet of secure, interference-free range. Aside from the extra-long range, other features include long battery life, clear night mode, pan/tilt/zoom, 2-way talk, noise reduction, lullaby and white noise and sensors + alerts for motion and room temperature.
(okay, I didn’t try out the room temperature option, and forgot it even had that option until I just re-read that part….. another cool feature! Bonus!)
Experience Extra-Long Range
Powered by Digital Enhanced Cordless Telecommunications (DECT) technology, the video baby monitor extends up to 2x farther than comparable monitors, with interference free up to 1500 feet (more than 4 football fields!).
Enjoy a Longer Battery Life
With a long-lasting battery, you’ll have the confidence to get on with household activities while your baby naps. You can use either A/C power or rechargeable batteries to power the monitor without worrying about the battery going dead. Not to mention, battery life is 13 hours in standby mode (audio on) or 5 hours of continuous operation.
See Clearly at Night
Clear night vision allows you to easily see details, even in a pitch black environment.
Get Peace of Mind with Wide Eye View
Any movements of your baby can be captured remotely from the monitor unit with the pan, tilt and zoom functions – giving you peace of mind.
Talk to Your Baby Anytime
Equipped with a microphone and speaker for 2-way communication, you can talk to your baby by pressing and holding the “TALK” button. Keep your baby happy by talking to him or her while you’re doing chores to feel more confidence because you’re always in touch.
Clear Sound Makes it Easy to Hear What’s Going On
The Panasonic Long-Range Baby Monitor camera minimizes background noise for clear sound. Babbling, gurgling, crying or just breathing softly – whatever sounds your baby makes, you can always hear them clearly.
Customizable Smart Sensors + Alerts Function
The Panasonic Long-Range Baby Monitor includes smart sensors and alerts that let you choose what’s right for you and your baby, detecting any changes of conditions in your baby’s room. Motion, temperature and sound sensors are incorporated, with automatic notifications whenever action is required. A chime will sound to notify you, an LED will light and a notification will appear on the monitor screen.
Lullaby and White Noise
Gentle, soothing sound helps calm your baby for deeper, more restful sleep. The built-in sound generator creates a natural listening experience that relaxes babies, lulling them into a deeper and more restful sleep. Panasonic’s Baby Monitor has 5 types of white noise sound, in addition to lullabies.
Pricing + availability:
For more information:
You can also purchase one on Amazon at:
Enter to win one!! (sometimes the app takes a second to load)